Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Thursday, August 19, 2010

update

I am not even sure where to begin. The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind. Sweet C was put in a cast, we bought a house, moved, unpacked all boxes, and now she is out of the cast! This was all done in approx. 10 days! But once I set my mind to something I try to accomplish it. Unless of course, it's decorating. Just because the boxes are unpacked does not mean the house is in order. The other night I opened up every cabinet in the kitchen before I could find a mixing bowl! But we are loving our new house! And we are even happier that Caroline can now swim in her new pool! Talk about irony. We buy this house for Caroline because she needs to be in the water daily working her legs and arms, and our 1st day in the house and she is in a cast! Oh well! She is in the pool now and we are going to enjoy the moments that we have with her until the next body cast.
Yes, I said the next body cast. I am slowly realizing that this is our life. It's not "if" she will have another one, it's "when" she will have another one. Sadly that's just the way it is. Web and I would do anything we could to take this away from her, but we can't. And we would do anything possible to avoid any and all injuries, but we can't do that either. I am watching her like a hawk. She is wanting to be so mobile. It scares me to death.

I think on the last post I mentioned that they didn't see a fracture. Well when we were at the dr. this week and took the new x-ray he could clearly see where the break was and how it was healing. It's crazy to me that fractures can take 5-7 days to show up. But he could see how it was healing, and he didn't think we needed to keep her in the cast. But she is still healing and she is very hesitant with her leg. So Web and I are being extra careful with her, if that's even possible. Our next appt. with the dr, we will talk about walking equipment. He is hoping he can find an apparatus that will help her walk but not put all her weight on her legs. We are waiting to buy any of the fun walkers that you see at Target or Babies R Us, because a medical tool would be best. It makes me a nervous wreck thinking of her walking, but I can't wait to see her face when she does it for the 1st time.

As for NIH, we are still waiting to hear back from them on our next trip. I let them know that Caroline was out of the cast. They are going through some personnel changes and I have no idea when we will be there. I was also told that our blood work is not complete. This makes me super nervous. We were told it would take a couple of weeks and more than likely we would have the results on our trip the 1st week of August. Well here we are the 3rd week of August, and still no results. This makes Web and I think something isn't right. Like I have said all along, I have this feeling I could be a carrier. And this waiting is making me believe it even more. I guess we'll just wait for the call. It totally sucks.

I was telling some friends earlier this week that this was C's 2nd known femur fracture, 2nd body cast. I remember meeting Bella at NIH awhile back and her mom saying she had 14 femur breaks in 4 years and I thought my gosh, that's a lot, no way will Caroline have that many. Well here we are 9 1/2 months and she already has 2. At this rate, she will have many more than 14. It pisses me off to no end, that my Sweet Caroline will experience that much pain. She doesn't deserve it.
I still wish I knew what I did in my past life to bring this much pain to my child. Whatever it was, I would go back in time in a heartbeat and change it.
Love to all
Kristine

No comments:

Post a Comment