Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Improvement

Hey! Well it's been 2 weeks and Caroline had definitely made great strides on her motor skills. On the last post, I mentioned that she would not kick her right leg. Well a few days after that post, she was kicking it! It's been great watching her in the bath kicking and splashing like she used to do. She is also putting her toes in her mouth again! I can't believe in 2 weeks she has gone from laying on her back not being able to do anything, back to where she was when she broke her leg. It's like development on speed! It's been very fun watching her progress. She can sit up with a pillow behind her. She is just dying to sit up on her own. She tries all day long. I recently bought some toys that she can play with sitting up, and she is liking them so I am hopeful that will help in her strength to sit up. I guess we'll see. I also got her in a pool for her 1st time. In the beginning, she was a little apprehensive, but she finally figured it out. We plan on putting her in a pool daily, so she better get used to it!
Web and I have put in an offer on a house for Caroline. Actually we call it Caroline's house, because it's everything she needs. Pool for her therapy. Carpet in her room. Actually carpet in all the bedrooms. And her bedroom is directly across from ours. We can see her crib from our bed in our new room. Poor thing, won't be able to hide from us! But we need to be close to her, especially when she starts standing up and walking. Unfortunately or fortunately, however you see it, she has yet to roll over since the break. Seriously, she is the smartest child. It's like she knows that's how she got the cast last time and she won't even try it. So, Caroline won't be crawling anytime soon. I can barely get her to do tummy time without throwing a fit. Oh well. I'll just remember the good developments right now, and worry about the others later!
I think I am going to check out a Gymboree class next week. Just to see what they are teaching babies, and maybe enroll Caroline. I would be doing the class with her, so we would definitely know her limitations. I am also starting a moms bible study next week. It's geared for moms. Bringing GOD into your everyday teachings/lessons to your children as they grow. Plus, I am hoping it will improve my spirituality with GOD. There are many times when I want to curse him for putting Web and I through this unknown with Caroline. I know, people say that we were chosen by GOD, yada yada. But sometimes, when your daughter is crying and you have no idea how to console them because they are broken you just don't believe it. So hopefully this bible study class will be the ticket! At least on the right track!
Web and I hope you are enjoying your summer! Ours started rough, but we are doing much better! We can't wait to move into our new house and swim! Party at our house, if you all are ever in OKC!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment