Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Friday, June 25, 2010

CRACK!

Happy Friday! Thank goodness the weekend is here. This has been the longest week ever. In more ways than one.
As you know from my last post, we went to Children's ER they didn't see a fracture. So I called our ortho's office Monday morning, and our dr. was in surgery all day. Tuesday he was in his Bethany office, but a PA was able to look at her x-ray. He thought he saw a fracture and thought it would be a good idea to bring Caroline into the office 8AM on Wednesday morning. GREAT. As you can imagine our emotions were on a roller coaster. Here it is 5 days after her bath and now they think there might be a fracture?!?! Yes, they can show up 5-7 days later, but still, we just missed 5 days that her leg could have or should have been in a cast! What kind of parents are we? Of course this is what I was thinking, Web kept saying there was no way she was going to get another body cast. She was kicking and touching her BOTH her feet. So then I bucked up, positive thinking only. Then Web got upset thinking about his daughter in another body cast. It was quite the Tuesday night. And of course, in the back of my mind all I kept thinking about is my 12 college girlfriends going to our lake house this weekend, plus our trip to Mobile the following week. How could I even think about leaving my Sweet Caroline for the weekend in a body cast? How could I fly with her? Not that it would have been tough physically, but emotionally. All the stares we would have received, I know I would have lost it! So Wednesday morning rolls around and we are there right on time. We go back, Dr Herndon looks at the x-ray comes back and doesn't see a fracture! THANK YOU LORD YOU ANSWERED OUR PRAYERS. But he did see Caroline's hesitation in her leg, so he assumes there is more than likely a crack. UGH. CRACK? No one told us about cracks. Good news is he doesn't cast cracks. So we just let Caroline heal on her own and we all have to be extra careful with her left leg. Little movement. And Caroline is pretty darn smart. She keeps it tucked in on certain positions. Dr. Herndon thinks 7-10 days she will be better. PERFECT! Right on time for me to fly to Mobile and she can meet her great grandma! Hooray! (and other family members that are dying to get their hands on her!!)
On another note, I am FREAKED OUT! I am leaving for my 1st time EVER without Caroline. 2 nights without her. I had a mini cry fit this morning. When dad was in and out of the hospital earlier in the year, I never missed a night with Caroline. No matter the time or place I was there for her. What if she doesn't remember me? What if she fractures? You name it I was thinking it. But I know she is in good hands. Web is an excellent daddy who loves his daughter so much that I know they will have a great time. And I will be with a great group of ladies that will keep me entertained.
We dodged a bullet with the crack and we are so grateful! Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment