Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Monday, July 12, 2010

Home Sweet Home?

I am not doing well on keeping this blog updated! One of these days I will get better. One of these days, Sweet Caroline might let me have a minute to myself so I can update! She is starting to love sitting in her pack and play and playing with about every toy known to Babies R Us. She still isn't sitting on her own, but a little help with the Boppy is great! And it gives me time to do the basic things, like laundry, brushing my teeth, making the bed. It's amazing how sitting on their own helps out in so many ways. I literally had to read the last post to see what I talked about last. Sad, isn't it? CRACK! is healed. Sorry, but every time I type the word CRACK! I think of Whitney Houston saying, "CRACK IS WHACK!" Anyhoo her left femur is healed! She has her toes in her mouth constantly and she isn't hesitant with her leg. It took longer than 7-10 days, I would say closer to 14 days before she really let me touch her leg. Thank goodness for dresses. Otherwise, she would be in a onesie every day of her life. So good news, right now we are fracture free. We are back to doing tummy time too. She isn't crawling yet, but that is fine by me. We have no idea what will happen once she becomes mobile, and I really don't want to know what will happen. So hoping maybe we can skip the whole crawling, and move straight to walking. Of course, then with walking we will have to work with braces, stabilizers, or maybe even a walker. We just aren't sure right now. So really it's a no win. BUT we can't wait to watch Caroline learn her own limitations and tell us what she can and cannot do.
Enough about all that. I had a great time at girls weekend! It was exactly what I needed. Once I was on the road, I was fine. Of course, I think I called Web from the road about 10 times thinking of things he needed to know. Like I really needed to call to tell him Caroline ate apples at lunch. But as soon as I made it to the lake it was awesome! We celebrated and had so much to be thankful for. One of my bestest friends became engaged and she was able to tell us all in person. SO MUCH FUN! Of course, with telling us, she got 12 opinions on where, what, how, when she needed to get married. Opinions I am sure she listened too.
AL was a huge success as well! Flying by myself with Caroline was super easy. And a shout out to all the people that boarded behind me and had to help me close the stroller! With Caroline in one arm, my carry-on and purse on the other arm, I couldn't break down the stroller, so I always had to ask the person behind me to help! It's amazing all the things you need to pack for one week for an 8 month old. And a lot of the stuff I needed, I bought once I made it to AL! But she was the best dressed baby, and was loved by so many people while we were there. My grandma absolutely loves her! She thinks Caroline loves the south and should live there full time. If only! Caroline would be the cutest little souther girl!
On a sour note, Caroline's dream house might not happen. We are hopeful, but just not holding our breath. Apparently there is a drainage problem at the house, and the house flooded! We are meeting with some experts this week to let us know what we should do. We were supposed to move this week. Good thing we procrastinated on packing! I am so ready to get Caroline in a pool everyday. We put her in a pool at the beach, and took her to a pool yesterday and she loves it! Loves being in the water and splashing around. Hopefully this time next week, we'll have better news. I guess it's better to learn about the drainage problems now than later when we actually own the house. That could have sucked. And luckily we have not sold our house, and we are not homeless!
Caroline still has not cut a tooth. We are still hoping that she won't have DI. I think about it daily. She has such a cute smile and it would be such a shame for her teeth to be gross. I guess time will tell.
We hope you all enjoyed your 4th of July Holiday! We had a blast!

1 comment: