Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Almost 1!

Today we went back to the orthotics clinic. I was a nervous wreck, but did much better than I expected. We got there and they brought in her standing frame and braces. As soon as Caroline saw them (the doctors) she started crying. They didn't even touch her legs, did nothing, but she immediately broke down. She is super smart like that! The doctors asked if I had brought her socks and shoes. Ummm, no. No one told me she needed socks and shoes. Why would I bring them? Heck she doesn't even own shoes that aren't dress shoes and cute. Needless to say I was not happy. NO ONE told me to bring any. So we have to go back next week to fit her in the standing frame. There is no way to do it without her in tennis shoes. But we were able to try on her orthotics without tennis shoes. She hated them. Well she hated the doctors touching her legs. I am not even exaggerating when I say she would immediately start crying when they walked in the room. They aren't too ugly, I have definitely seen worse.
Tomorrow Caroline and I are going to find some tennis shoes that are wide enough to fit the braces in. I am not happy that she will be in tennis shoes all the time. I am going to need to find some dress up shoes that are wide so she can wear them with the braces as well.
All in all it was an ok day. The standing frame didn't look all that fun, but we will see what she thinks of it next week.
Next Monday we also go to a physiotherapist that will hopefully show us some techniques to help Caroline crawl, walk. Then in 2 weeks we leave for Omaha! This has been a crazy month of dr. appts!
I will update again next week!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment