Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fayetteville Or Bust!

Web and I are going to take the plunge. We are going to leave Caroline overnight with someone else. Web and I are going to leave our sweet angel and not look back. We are going to celebrate a friends wedding. And let me tell you, if this friend wasn't super, duper special I would have gone on my own or just sent a gift in the mail! But she and her fiance mean a lot to us and we are going to leave Caroline in capable hands. She will be with her grandma Saturday and Saturday night, then nana on Sunday. We have it all figured out. Of course, they know how to feed her, change her diaper, hold her. We have all had lessons. And of course, we trust them. Yes, I know Caroline will get a cookie at lunch, when I only give her 1 at dinner. Yes, I know she will be rocked to sleep, when I insist that she just get laid down and put to bed. I know these things, and I am ok with it. But what happens if she breaks? Well don't kid yourself. I have a list. Who to call, where to go, what to take. We can't just leave without tons of info, even for one night. We have certain doctors that need to be notified, she can only go to Children's Hospital (she is in their system as OI baby), and a note that says Caroline has OI, do not call Children's Services for abuse. It's all too much really. And we are just going to Fayetteville which is only a 3 hour drive, but still it seems so far away. Some of you might think we are crazy that this is our 1st time to leave Caroline. We have spent time away from her separately, but never both of us. We will be fine. Caroline will be fine. We will be fine. I think if I keep typing it we will be fine!
On another note, I just wanted to say thank you. I received so many emails, texts, phone calls from my last post. My pity party lasted longer than most, but I think I am doing better now. Of course, next Wednesday we start the whole process over again when we get the standing frame and the AFO's. But I am hopeful that she will not be nearly as fussy as last time and we can all leave there without tears. That is my hope. And I am also hopeful that she will learn to walk!
So again thank you all very much!
I will update you all next week when we are back from the orthotics appt!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment