Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Merry Christmas!

It's been awhile since I last posted. It's amazing how a 1 year old mobile child will change your life. I used to be able to lay Caroline on my bed, and brush my teeth. I was able to put her in front of the TV in a bumbo pillow with some toys, while I took a shower. Those days are long gone. Not that I am complaining. I love it! But trying to get on the computer to update has definitely been difficult. I have had many friends call and ask how Caroline is doing. And I can tell you she is a different child! She is officially crawling forward. She will follow us wherever we go. She is trying to pull up and Web and I just hold our breath. Yes, we want her to continue being strong, continue being a mobile child, but we really don't want to spend our Christmas at Children's Hospital!

Some family members keep asking when she will walk? Well we hope not anytime soon. Her femurs are bowed.
Her left femur is bowed 70 degrees. If she were to stand up on it by herself without the standing frame or without her braces, chances are she will fracture. The PAM is helping her get stronger, and we are so happy about that, but who is to say it will help her enough to stand or walk? Plus, she has only had one infusion. We have many more in our future. Yes, she will walk, but chances are it will be with a walker or something similar to a walker that will help her be mobile.

That's enough about that, she is doing so well! Not only can she point to her ear, nose and belly. But she can point to her hair, stick out her tongue, play with her toes, wave bye, say "dog" and say "light"! It is so fun. I am constantly working on saying, "mommy or daddy". We'll get there sooner than later! She is definitely fun.

Tomorrow she and I are going to try a Gymboree class for crawlers. Last week we did the music class and she was not a fan of the drum. She was also not a fan of the kid that hit her in the head with the tamborine! After the new year, my plan is to start looking at Moms Day Out programs in town, and working with Sooner Start for physical therapy. We have a busy winter ahead of us, but we can't wait to see her grow in both mobility and developmental milestones.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas! I am adding a picture of Caroline with Santa. She is not a fan!
Love to all.

1 comment:

  1. These are exciting times! I love the crying Santa pics! Makes me want to pull our old ones out!

    ReplyDelete