Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Sunday, February 6, 2011

A little normalcy

This week has been a weird blessing. Our Sweet Caroline got sick! She actually had a non OI related illness. We have never experienced this before, and as weird as it seems it felt good to be "normal". Caroline has never been sick. I have taken pride in knowing that our daughter has never had a cold, runny nose, cough, ear aches, stomach issues, nothing. But believe me she has had her fair share of doctors appointments! Poor girl has had more x-rays than the average man.

So last Monday I took Caroline to the day care at church so I could go to Mom's Morning. Have I ever mentioned Mom's Morning before? I really like it. It's a bunch of mom's with all age range of kids, we read a book, discuss, share stories, prayer requests, journaling, etc. Our last book was 5 Love Languages of Children. Caroline was too young to figure out her love language, but I got to practice on Web. Definitely "quality time". This semester we are reading Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood. It's a really good book. We are about to start the "Uh Oh" song at our house, but might need to change it to "Oh No" because Caroline says uh oh ALL THE TIME. Anyways, so Caroline was there for 90 minutes, then later that day she had her 15 month well being appointment. So somewhere in that time, she picked up the dreaded, but welcomed STOMACH FLU!

Oye veh, what a mess. Tuesday night, Caroline started a cough/cry. I just ignored it, because I know her pain cries vs. her non pain cries. Web gets up to check on her and he goes, "um you better come in here." She had thrown up all over the place, lunch and dinner. TMI, I know. We stayed up with her most of the night while she was sick. Of course, this had never happened to us before so we got out the computer, checked our doctors website and realized we had NO pedialyte, NO Gatorade, nothing bland at all. So the next morning, Web had to clear the drive and head to Wal Mart. Poor guy. He got stuck in the middle of the street and we had to call the Nichols Hills Fire Department to help him! Long story short, the stomach flu hit our whole house. Just like dominos. I think we are all on the up and up though!

Like I said, I know this is TMI. But it just felt good this week to be "normal". We didn't have to deal with a fracture, a splint, Motrin, rodding, hips. We just got to be a mom and dad with a sick kid. And it just felt good!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of kids and stomach bugs! So glad you are party of the world I live in!

    ReplyDelete