Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Friday, February 25, 2011

Emotional Week

This has been a crazy emotional week. Caroline had PAM this week and we tried a new regiment. The Omaha protocol is 1 day every 2 months. Our dr. here in OKC, is 3 days every 3 months, and in the end it's double the amount of PAM. After Web and I talked about it endlessly, prayed about it, plus me not sleeping at night thinking about it, we decided that was best for Caroline. We want to get her bones as strong as possible before we put her through surgery. We are hoping we can do one more treatment (3 days) before surgery but more on that later.

Luckily the IV took in 3 times, instead of 5 like last time. The nurses are so nice. They try so hard not to hurt to Caroline. This last time they finally decided to use a longer IV and it worked! Who knew our 15 month old would beed an IV fit for a young child? But her veins are long. Whatever works is my opinion. Caroline did well the 1st day, but definitely by the 3rd day she was done. There are only so many things you can entertain an 15 month old with while sitting in a hospital bed with an IV in her arm. Think about your child, friends child, could you see them sit in one spot for 4 hours, 3 days in a row? Exhausting. By the 3rd hour on the 3rd day I thought I might lose my mind. Poor Caroline, was trying to crawl off the bed! But like I said it is definitely worth it. You should see her right now. She is literally in a plank position trying to figure out how to stand! UGH. There is no stopping this child.

Now surgery. We are still waiting to hear back from the Dr. in Montreal. He has been in Haiti, and got back to the office late this week. My plan is to call him 1st thing Monday morning if I don't hear from him today. My gut is telling me what I think we should do, but I want to hear from him 1st. We definitely need to get the ball rolling because baby #2, will be here before we know it and I would like to have C's surgery done and done!
Speaking of baby #2. We received the test results from my blood work and all looked good. You know it's going to be ok, when the nurse calls over the dr. So yeah! We'll take that good news!

Also, Web and I are super excited to meet a new OI family! We are having them over for dinner Saturday night. There little one isn't here yet, he will be born next month. (the day before my birthday, ps.) We hope we can be some positive influence in the journey that lies ahead of them. It is far from easy, but with good friends, family, prayer, and a little bit of luck they will do just fine!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment