Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Thursday, August 11, 2011

tick tock tick tock

We can officially start counting down the days to hours. I can't believe we are almost here. I remember finding out I was pregnant on December 21st and thinking August was nowhere in sight! Here we are! Hot, humid and ready to have BBB. We are very excited, but yet I am very anxious, scared, overcome with crazy emotions. I cried pretty much all day yesterday thinking that this was it, no turning back. Caroline would no longer be an only child but be a big sister.
And yesterday she proved just how much older she is getting! She climbed the stairs all by herself! Actually, she didn't even tell us she was interested! How dare she!

Caroline didn't think she needed a nap yesterday, so by the time Web got home from work, I needed a 30 minute cat nap. Just 30 minutes to revive me for dinner. So, I went to our room laid down on the love seat and relaxed. Web checked the mail, brought back some catalogs and went back to Caroline. In those 2 minutes, Caroline was off! She literally was on the 4th step without any assistance or anyone watching her for that matter. Web yelled for me to come here, said I didn't want to miss it. So I assumed she was trying to pull up into a standing position. As of now, she gets on all 4's, but hasn't figured out how to pull herself up. Well there she was! Literally climbing stairs! Which means she is weight bearing without water! HUGE. She got all the way to the top of the stairs and said, "I DID IT"! Well more tears. I think I cried all evening just thinking about it. Actually I am getting teary eyed typing about it. We have spent the past 17 weeks praying, hoping, that one day Caroline will achieve this accomplishment. And not only did she do it, but she did it in a hip brace! HUGE again. Can you even imagine what she will do without the brace? I am happy and scared just thinking about it. And of course, Caroline's timing couldn't be better. I mean she would give me extra grey hairs 5 days before her brother is supposed to be here! And to think next week she will be getting PAM, which will make her in less pain, and stronger! There is no telling what she will accomplish. I cannot wait until her brace comes off!

Well that is all for now. As you can see, we have had a busy day and it's not going to stop these next 4 days. We have a lot on our plate; ie having a baby, PAM treatment, post-surgery on me. But if I have learned anything in the past 21 months, Web and I can do it. We might not know how we are going to do it, but we will figure it out!
Thank you all for your prayers!

Love to you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wait till they go to school! I wish I could say it gets easier! Eva is leaving me for a kindergarten teacher on Thursday! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete