Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Walking!

My last post barely mentioned Caroline's latest achievements. I am learning that being a mother of 2 is a little more difficult than I thought it would be. I don't feel like I get to spend nearly as much time with Caroline as she deserves. And she is so much fun right now! It's like in the last 2 weeks she's come even more out of her shell and she is more talkative, more directive, more creative. It's like she is officially past the baby stage and now she is a little girl. It's so fun and exciting, but sad too. I love it when she says, "mommy pick me up". Because at least I know she still needs me a little bit! It's definitely better than hearing, "no no no!" all the time!
So I will tell Caroline's latest story, even though I wasn't there because I missed it. Probably changing a diaper, or something!
The other day, Web and Caroline were swimming in the pool. All of a sudden, Web says, "watch this"! Caroline was WALKING in the pool. HELLO! We have waited over 21 months for this and she does it while I am changing her brothers diaper?!?! I was so proud and so sad at the same time. I sat on the side of the pool, she walked over to me and I just cried. I couldn't even believe it! Our little girl, who we were told might not ever walk, they just didn't know, was walking. Yes, it was in water, but can you imagine what she will do once her brace is off? So now she is being super brave. She can stand with her brace on. And she can stand with her brace off! She is so close to walking out of the pool. It's both scary and exciting at the same time!
I can't wait to see what she will do in the next few weeks!

Robert Joseph is doing well. It's crazy how you forget what having a newborn is like. But more on that another time.
We are having fun being a family of 4!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment