Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Monday, September 19, 2011

He's still around!

First off let me just tell you that I am probably going to be typing this blog in hours, if not days.
As of right now, Caroline is about to wake up from her nap, Robert is just about ready to nurse, the air conditioning people should be here any minute, and Web should be home with Kelsey soon! So, needless to say, I just don't know when I will finish this blog.

But, there isn't much to say. We went to see Dr. Herndon last week and Caroline's hip brace is off full time! She wears it outside when she plays at school and when she sleeps. She was fitted for a walking brace which should be here in the next couple weeks. The walking brace makes me laugh, because don't kid yourself, Caroline took it upon herself to start walking! She had a push toy, stood up and walked! It was very exciting! I might have cried pretty much that whole day! Our PT also has her medical walker on order, so yeah! It's funny though. Web and I were so excited about her walking that we went out and bought her 3 new push toys! So, if you come to our house, be careful of where you are walking. Chances are you will trip over a new walking toy. I also was super excited that she can stand without her brace that I went out and bought her a kitchen! HA! So much for waiting until her 2nd birthday! Caroline had a mini birthday this past weekend. I now understand why parents buy toys at garage sales. I never understood it, but it totally makes sense now. I kept telling myself that we still have another child at home that can play with them as well! And let's face it. Our daughter is WALKING. I remember being told she might not walk. And here she is walking without her walking brace and medical walker. HA!
We go to Omaha in a few weeks and I can't wait for Caroline to walk to Dr. E. I am sure I will cry yet again.

Caroline walking happened on a big day! Robert's one month birthday. It was quite the celebratory house. Robert is doing great!
Gaining weight. He better be. He is nursing about every 2 hours! Whoever said nursing is a great bonding time with your child never met me. Sadly the whole time I keep thinking of other things I could be doing! So sad. I am hopeful that once he starts eating every 3 hours life around our house might be a little quieter and calmer? I am sure that is wishful thinking!

But, we are so blessed and so thankful for our family!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment