Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Waterproof mascara

The other day I treated myself to some new makeup. It wasn't necessarily anything I needed but I felt like I needed a little something different. I bought the usual, but they must have seen my exhaustion and they put eye lifting cream on me plus some new eye shadow. Of course, I fell for it, bought it, and came home with a gift with purchase! All in all, it was a good day!
As I was going thru my gift with purchase I noticed a mascara was in it. I was super close to throwing it out, but figured why not keep it. Then I thought long and hard on when was the last time I bought mascara that wasn't waterproof?

And I can tell you it was March 2009. How do I know that? Because that was when I found out I was going to be a pregnant bride. No, we didn't get pregnant, then decide to get married. (NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!!) But 2 months to the day we were going to walk down the aisle I found out we were pregnant with Caroline. Needless to say, I was an emotional basket case. And let's face it, in these past 2 1/2 years we have definitely had some heart ache, joys, scares, pretty much any emotion you can dream of, we have had it.
I have cried at our wedding, tears of joy, cried when we saw Caroline on the ultrasound machine, more tears of joy. And bawled when we found out at 32 weeks, there would be something different with Caroline. Tears of joy again, when she was born, and scared tears when we heard the words, Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Tears of sorrow, when she had her 1st break, plus tears of happiness because that day was also my 1st mothers day. Tears of being petrified when our Sweet Caroline was being wheeled back to surgery, tears of relief when they told us she was in recovery and the surgery was a total success. Tears of more excitement when we found out we were pregnant with #2! Tears of anticipation as we went to high risk appointments and waiting on the doctors to tell us #2 was going to be ok. Tears of joy when we found out it was a BOY! Tears of nervousness when we went in for delivery and knew 100% that Robert Joseph didn't have OI, or any form of skeletal dysplasia. And just recently tears of pride as we watched our daughter walk when we were told it may never happen.

It wasn't until last week, that I actually put away my waterproof mascara and put on my gift with purchase free mascara. You see the last 2 1/2 years have been many tears, both good and bad. But I finally feel like it is ok.

Why did I write about this now? Well, our Sweet Caroline will be 2 at the end of this month and when I think of all the things that she has gone thru in 2 short years I have a wave of emotions rush over me. I couldn't be more proud of the bravest girl in my world. Of course, I will probably bring out the waterproof mascara that day! And a couple days later, we will board a plane for her next surgery. And she will be my brave girl once again. And I will pull out my my waterproof mascara once again. But I will definitely bring out the freebie mascara as soon as we are home.

Love to all

1 comment:

  1. Now I need your waterproof mascara. So, so sweet! Hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete