Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Monday, September 20, 2010

Not much

I don't really have much to say, but felt like I should give some kind of an update on us. Caroline is doing well. KNOCK ON WOOD! She definitely is wanting to be mobile. She is constantly moving and pulling on her legs. It makes Web and I a nervous wreck. Yes, we want her to be a "normal" child who puts her toes in her mouth. Yes we want her to be mobile. But NO we do not want a new fracture. I have been reading some of the OI posts on the group site and a lot of the moms talk splinting their own children instead of taking them to an ER and casting them. I guess I can see how that makes some sense, but I can't imagine splinting Caroline myself. What if I did it wrong and her leg healed incorrectly? I guess that's a question we will need to ask Omaha.
We meet with a local dr. in OKC next Monday. We made this appt awhile back and he is hard to get into. I hope we ask the correct questions and get the answers we need. I also hope that he works with the Omaha team, or at least knows of the Omaha team.
We'll find out soon enough!
We did just come back from our family holiday. We went to Santa Fe and it was nice! I did learn that if I am going to drive with a baby for 2 full days, then we need to be gone at least 1 week, not 3 days. I felt that by the time I had everything unpacked, organized it was time to pack back up. Plus, we had to all deal with altitude and it was not east. Caroline and I were not fans. But we will have many more trips to Santa Fe and we can't wait to stay longer and really enjoy ourselves.
A lot of you have asked about Caroline's teeth lately and I honestly do not know. Her teeth have kind of stopped cutting. One tooth is about 3/4 of the way thru the gums. The 2nd tooth is about 1/4 thru the gums, and we haven't had any movement in weeks. It's like they are stuck. It's really starting to tick me off. I guess after Omaha I will try and find a dentist in OKC that has DI experience which will be another challenge. It's going to piss me off to no end if she has bad teeth. Yes, in the grand scheme of things it's just teeth. But like I have said before, Caroline has the sweetest smile and if she is going to be in casts, walkers, wheel chairs then at least she can have a pretty pearly white smile. For some reason, I just can't get past it.
I will send an update next week after we meet with Dr. Brennan in OKC.
Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment