Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Omaha or Bust

Well I did it. I finally had the balls to call Children's Hospital in Omaha. We have an appointment for an OI Clinic visit on Thursday, November 4th. I also made an appt. for the afternoon of Thursday for Caroline to receive her 1st PAM treatment via IV. However, we do have the option of canceling it. If we keep it, we spend the night in the hospital, released 1st thing Friday morning and we will be on our way home. Done and done. Bring me home out of Omaha and out of the hospital. I am 85% positive that we will do the PAM treatment, but mentally I like knowing that we have an out. But as I read more and more testimonials from moms with OI kids I know that it is the right thing for an OI baby. But I still get ill thinking about Caroline hooked up to IVs getting a drug. I don't think I will ever get used to it. Her 1st 2 years, they will have us do the treatments every 8 weeks. That's so many times! But hopefully we can do them in OK and not Omaha every time. No offense but Omaha sounds boring to me. At least NIH was near the capitol and things to do! Omaha in November=snow! But I know we will survive!!
I was reading more testimonials today and a lot of the moms were talking about helmets for their kids. It's so sad. If an OI baby falls on their head, bumps their head, etc they can fracture their skull and have to wear a helmet for months, if not years. Makes me want to vomit. So today I have been extremely careful with Caroline, probably more than an usual! They are also talking about wheel chairs and which ones are best and light weight. Needless to say, it's been a depressing day on the OI site. This is why I hesitated joining one because I didn't think I was ready to hear this information. Guess I was ready to read it, but not ready to accept it. Maybe one day.
Thanks for all the calls, emails texts about our blood test results! And NO I am not pregnant yet! You people crack me up!
Love to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment