Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Saturday, January 2, 2010

SNOT

Snot. It's a 4 letter word that I say at least 10 times every day. I literally talk to Caroline and Kelsey about it like I would talk to my friends about a new sweater. Caroline is having some major nose issues. All babies have it, so that's a bonus. I am glad I am not the only mom in America that literally looks up my childs nose every morning to see what I need to clean. However, I am lucky. My child loves the nasal aspirator. LOVES IT! I have heard horror stories where a baby sees the aspirator and fights the parent. Not my child. She sees it coming and STOPS CRYING! She loves it. I think it's because she knows she is about to be able to breathe again! HOORAY! It is not a pretty task. I can honestly say not one of my friends warned me about it. So for all my friends out there pregnant, or thinking about babies let me be the 1st to tell you. Babies have snotty noses and you have to clean their noses for them. They do not know how to blow their nose when you ask them to. I do look forward to that day.
First thing I told Web this morning, was not hello, or good morning, or I love you. It was, "Caroline's got a snotty nose." Who says that?!?! So she and I went upstairs I was armed with the aspirator, q-tip, and kleenex and she is now a proud owner of a clean nose! Ahh, the little things.

No comments:

Post a Comment