Cast of Characters

Kristine: mommy, friend, wife
Web: daddy, husband, man of reason
Caroline: Sweet Caroline, daughter
Kelsey: Sweet Precious Angel, miniature schnauzer, ruler of the house, protector of family
Robert Joseph: baby boy

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Wouldn't you know it.

This is a very big weekend for the Browne family. Not only is it our 1st Mothers Day, but Sunday is also our 1st anniversary. Web and I decided that Saturday night would be anniversary night and Sunday would be only Mothers Day. So I went out bought a new dress, got Nana and Pop to babysit. We are going to a nice steakhouse, and not going to talk baby (or at least try)! Just 2 adults going to a steak (Web's favorite) dinner, have a nice glass of wine and toast to our crazy 1st year. Well about 2:15 yesterday Caroline started screaming bloody murder. I have never in my life heard anything so screeching and so bad. It was worst than when she was 5 days old and had full body x-rays. She was laying on my bed and I was flat ironing my hair in the bathroom. This was not her 1st time to be left alone on our bed. It's a king size and she isn't mobile yet. I run into the bedroom when I hear the screeching noise/cry and immediately knew something isn't right. She is a pink as her outfit. I pick her up and she cries even louder. I lay her down and still crying. I immediately think new fracture. I run downstairs grab a bottle and she drinks the whole thing. All I can remember in my head is our pediatrician telling us that when she eats a lot that it could be helping her with the pain. She gets a little groggy, so I put her in her infant seat and I figure we can go on a car ride. We are supposed to meet Web up in Edmond to look at a house anyways. At this time I am also remembering that I gave her carrots for lunch and so far she had no bowel movement, so maybe she is just constipated?
We get to Edmond and she is crying again. Nothing will stop her, but another bottle. By this time she has had 10 oz of formula in 2 hours. That's a lot of formula in a short amount of time. I try looking at her legs, and notice her left leg has some resistance. So again, Dr. Mom assumes left leg fracture. We got home, and during bath time I noticed that her left leg was kicking and splashing with no problems, but her right leg isn't moving at all. If you remember the right hip is displaced according to her last x-day. She is uncomfortable sitting in the tub, so I take her out, give her another bottle and she goes to sleep. She woke us up at 12AM, 4AM, 5AM, 6:30AM, 9AM. Needless to say, we are a little tired this morning. On top of all this, she is constipated. So anytime she tries to push, it hurts her. Web is off to the store to buy provisions, prunes, glycerin suppositories, apricots. TMI?!?! And don't even get me started on her swollen gums and teething!
As I type this, Caroline is kind of taking a nap. She startles herself about every 5 minutes and starts crying. I doubt we go to dinner tonight, but that's ok. We can celebrate any night. There is no way I could leave her feeling so bad. If she could just go the bathroom, I think a lot of the crying would subside. The good thing about a steak dinner, is there are always other nights.
Caroline is too pretty to see in this much pain. I just hope that she starts to feel better soon.

1 comment:

  1. I know it's been a rough night, but she and you will get through this. Being a Mom is so scary yet so fulfilling and I can't even imagine, but I know she'll be okay. Hang in there and enjoy this day - you're blessed my friend.

    ReplyDelete